MOVING to MASTERY: WOMEN IN TECH & DIGITAL
12 June 2019
Featuring an all-female speaker line-up, the event is for anyone (women and men) already in the technology and digital space looking to master their skills. Tech and digital marketing are often seen as discrete sectors and part of what the event aims to do is bring them closer together – in discussion and in practise thereafter.
This event is tailored to showcase the high degree of skills and expertise we have in the tech sector, and specifically among women in tech, who are very under-represented at events as speakers and delegates. That said, and while the name and content are tailored to women delegates, we want to make it clear the conference is for everyone.
- Why the Cyber Security industry is providing amazing platforms for a variety of skills and talents.
- Opportunities for women.
purpose-driven decision (as scary as it was!) to quit her job
- Taking an unconventional path into the tech space, becoming
a digital disruptor, and how taking a purpose-driven approach career led her to start a platform marketplace company (the
first of its kind on the continent) that has found employment for thousands of women.
- Building a startup is no easy task, building an ed-tech startup in Africa borders on insanity!
- Over the past decade, Obami has been disrupting the status quo in education, learning and development – but it hasn’t been without its ups and downs.
- In this talk, Barbara Mallinson will recount her experiences of starting and growing Obami, and show how the journey has educated her in ways that she never quite expected.
This panel will cover wellness including sleep (and getting enough of it), stress, health/fitness, parenting and health trends/work wellness.
- Dr Dale Rae – Director and Sleep Scientist at the Sports Science Institute of South Africa
- Olivia du Plessis – Founder of LivFit and fitness trainer
- Helena Wasserman – Editor of Business Insider South Africa
- Bongekile Mabaso – Co-founder of Uplift Youth in Africa
- Who Sisters Incorporated are and what they do.
- Lorraine has led the software development company KRS for over 30 years, and will talk about sustaining leadership over such a long period of time, in the highly changeable tech sphere.
- This talk will highlight the value of lasting partnerships, building a learning organisation, and why focusing on quality is essential.
- Overall Mega to Micro Trends on Digital Transformation sharing the hot 10 buzz currently changing our lives at home, and at work.
- AI, Healthcare, Tech, Manufacturing, Banking & Financial Institutions and Retail are all being disrupted by Digital Transformation – but what does that mean for us
today and how we must transform ourselves to keep being relevant in our work and private life?
This panel will delve into technology in action, particularly AI, Blockchain and Machine Learning.
- Celina Lee – Co-Founder and CEO at Zindi Africa
- Debra Roodt – Chief Compliance Officer at Xago
- Genevieve Mannel – Head of IT at Cipla
- How to get the best out of social media for your business.
- When a digital product fails, who gets the blame? Quite often it’s the tech team that takes a hit and of recent years it’s the digital marketing team. Why is this the case?
- What about the customer’s needs, do they matter?
- Are you using the latest technology as a tick box exercise, or to genuinely solve a customer/business problem? How do we break down these silos as one team?